Brain Injury Attorney in Los Angeles, California
If you or a loved one was afflicted with a traumatic brain injury (TBI), whether from a severe head injury or more complex cases such as a workplace or vehicular accident, it is easy to be afraid of how to proceed with the situation. In this scenario, our brain injury attorneys in Los Angeles will assist you in finding your way through the legal system to seek reasonable compensation. Everyone should be responsible for proper precautions to ensure the safety of the people around them.
At Abogado Maximo, we have founded our careers on bringing justice to individuals who found themselves at the hand of irresponsible individuals and organizations. Previous victims of personal injury and wrongful death get full and fair compensation for their injuries.
We take pleasure in the fact that we are determined to achieve success for every client we serve. We are prepared to assist if you or a loved one has experienced a brain injury and requires legal counsel.
What are the Advantages of Getting a Los Angeles Brain Injury Attorney?
Given the severity of traumatic brain injury cases, alongside the importance of proper evidence for personal injury claims, getting an experienced attorney can help ensure that proper compensation is given to you. Aside from that, your lawyer will be there to assist you during the legal process, making it easier for you to handle other responsibilities.
Our brain injury lawyers at Abogado Maximo law office will guarantee no one will be able to take advantage of your situation. They aim to make every aspect of the case, from the evidence to the compensation, in due order, all while handling the case personally. Our personal injury attorney can help you with the following:
- Proving the extent and type of brain injury through carefully collated medical records
- Computing the valuation of your economic and noneconomic losses
- Defending your stance regarding how the injury affected a significant part of your life
- Representing the client in a legal case if the situation escalates to that scenario
We can become your trusted advisor in this crucial situation by reaching out to a professional brain injury lawyer. We understand that our loved ones become distraught during this period, so we aim to represent you properly in court and ensure all of your evidence is in the correct order. Schedule a consultation with us if you or your loved ones experience such traumatic brain injury cases so we can offer our expertise regarding this matter.
What is the Proper Handling of Traumatic Brain Injury Cases?
The brain is the center of our Central Nervous System (CNS) alongside the spinal cord. It is vital to keep it safe as it acts as the control center of our body. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) cases are usually detrimental to the individual affected. Given the layers of protection, the brain has, giving a proper prognosis for brain injury is challenging. In some cases, the symptoms of brain damage only show years after the incident. Even a simple head trauma from a terrible fall or a mild TBI case from early childhood could result in impairment later in life.
Because of this, it is hard to tell if traumatic brain injuries have healed permanently. In other instances, an unaccounted-for brain injury can lead to other afflictions like a spinal cord injury or permanent head injury. A mild injury case can lead to a lifetime of medical tests and examinations to keep it in check, with the most severe ones requiring the assistance of personal care for the patient’s entire life.
The brain injury attorney in our Los Angeles law firm is adept with this situation and has handled many others who have experienced this context. We promise to help our clients obtain full compensation for their economic and noneconomic losses. With this, we hope that your situation can improve, and it will lead to the betterment of your life.
General Context of Traumatic Brain Injury Cases
Traumatic brain injury can result from different scenarios, such as small slips to large-scale vehicular accidents. Within our roster, lawyers in our Abogado Maximo Los Angeles Office have handled personal injury cases stemming from accidents such as:
- Workplace accidents, especially in high-risk jobs like construction and maintenance
- Vehicular accidents such as truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, or pedestrian and head-on collisions
- Slip and fall accidents
- Assault cases, including incidents leading to catastrophic injury. These usually result in grave head injuries, including internal hemorrhaging and brain tissue damage.
Each brain injury resulting from these cases may have variations regarding the evidence needed and compensation granted, as well as the type of proceeding that would occur. By consulting with one of our Los Angeles brain injury lawyers, they can advise on what procedure would be the most beneficial for your context. Our practice areas include vehicular accidents and other personal injury claims.
What are the Long-Term Effects of Traumatic Brain Injuries?
Given that each scenario is different, it is hard to pinpoint whether a traumatic brain injury has led to a long-term affliction. To give you an idea on what are the possible long-term effects of traumatic brain injuries:
- Physical Deterioration: Normal physical actions such as eating, breathing, and exercising can be difficult for severe brain injury cases and might require using devices such as walking canes and wheelchairs.
- Cognitive Deterioration: Normal mental tasks such as thinking, organizing, and acting independently can be affected.
- Psychomotor skills such as hearing, reading, writing, speaking, and arithmetic might be impaired.
Aside from these, a notable long-term factor to consider is the emotional trauma that the loved ones of the brain injury victim may face moving forward. In some instances, TBI victims may develop erratic behavior changes like recklessness, impatience, and obsession.
Patients might need to undergo multiple surgeries to help alleviate brain injury. But the worst-case scenario is that the injury victims might live their entire lives with the impairment, a future that cuts off their ability to work, live independently, or become a functioning part of society.
Who is Liable for Cases of Brain Injury?
Given how complex traumatic brain injury cases are, it is imperative to acknowledge several parties involved in a traumatic brain injury case. The gravity of their liability may depend on the situation and determines the severity of the loss and the compensation they can get. Some possible parties that could be liable are as follows:
- Negligent drivers, vehicle owners, or driver’s employers in a vehicular accident
- Product manufacturers concerning products that have caused injury cases
- Large-scale companies like shipping companies, retailers, truck and bus companies
- Public and private estate owners
- Business operators
- Local governments
Lastly, any person who acted with due negligence that caused a loss of safety precautions to another individual may be liable for a brain injury case.
In these cases, you, your loved ones, and other witness reports are substantial in testifying your account for a proper case. To aid your accounts, a Los Angeles brain injury lawyer may ask for the assistance of medical professionals and forensics specialists to share their expertise on the case.
What are Possible Compensations for Brain Injury Victims?
Traumatic brain injury cases are typically life-changing scenarios. Given the importance of the brain for most bodily functions, even minor afflictions can become debilitating illnesses. These lead to both economic and noneconomic loss to brain injury victims.
Some of the damages that the TBI victim or their loved ones can include in their request for compensation is as follows:
- Medical Bills: This could include the initial services for emergency care and the cost of rehabilitation and secondary medical support.
- Physical and mental suffering: Aside from the physical injury, the situation could lead to physical and mental suffering for the victim, especially if the situation causes issues for his loved ones.
- Financial Setbacks: This could include losing their salary or source of income due to hospitalization and possible unemployment.
- Change in the way of Living: Some brain injury cases lead to people not being able to live their life as they used to.
- Punitive Damages: If recklessness or malice is seen in the damaging party’s actions, proper punitive damages may be given.
Call a Reliable Brain Injury Attorney in Los Angeles Now!
With these different scenarios and compensatory options possible, it is the job of a skillful brain injury lawyer to make sure that they can present the best claim that would fit your situation. They also need to be able to defend you in court if the need arises. Even though most personal injury claims are settled without a trial, having the capacity to go to court if a case presents itself is a way to give you or your loved one reassurance.
Our experienced trial attorneys represent clients throughout Southern California and beyond at Abogado Maximo. With our practice area covering many personal injury cases like brain injury, slip and fall accidents, and vehicular injuries, we assure our clients of our expertise in these matters. Our goal is to offer clients reliable legal representation, access to legal resources, and unmatched results. Contact us if you like to schedule a consultation today.