Los Angeles Neck Injury Lawyer
WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER A NECK INJURY?
Neck injuries can be caused by a variety of accidents, including car accidents, slips and falls, and sports injuries. Symptoms of a neck injury can include pain, stiffness, numbness, tingling, and difficulty moving the neck. If you have suffered a neck injury, it is important to seek medical attention immediately.
At Abogado Maximo, we have a team of experienced neck injury lawyers who can help you understand your legal rights and options. Our personal injury attorneys
will fight to get you the compensation you deserve for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
We understand that a neck injury can be a life-altering event. We are here to help you through this difficult time and get you the justice you deserve. Call a Los Angeles Neck Injury Lawyer today!
WHAT IS A NECK INJURY LAWYER?
A neck injury lawyer is a legal professional who focuses on representing clients who have sustained neck injuries as a result of accidents or incidents caused by the negligence or wrongdoing of others. Neck injuries can range from minor strains to more severe conditions like whiplash, herniated discs, or nerve damage.
Neck injury lawyers primarily work within the broader field of personal injury law. They assist clients in seeking compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other damages related to neck injuries. These lawyers often negotiate with insurance companies, gather evidence, consult medical experts, and potentially litigate cases in court to ensure their clients receive fair compensation for their injuries.
What is a Neck Injury?
A neck injury refers to any damage or trauma that occurs to the structures in the neck region, which includes the cervical spine, muscles, ligaments, nerves, and blood vessels. Treatment for a neck injury varies based on the type and severity of the injury. It may include rest, physical therapy, pain management, medication, immobilization (such as wearing a neck brace), and in severe cases, surgical intervention.
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN TO CALL A NECK INJURY LAWER?
You should call a Los Angeles neck injury lawyer if you are experiencing the following:
- Serious Neck Injury: If you have sustained a severe neck injury such as a fracture, herniated disc, or damage to the spinal cord due to an accident or incident caused by another party’s negligence.
- Impact on Daily Life: When your neck injury is significantly impeding your ability to work or engage in regular activities that you used to enjoy. This could involve limitations on mobility or physical discomfort affecting your quality of life.
- Refusal of Responsibility: If the individual or entity responsible for causing your neck injury denies liability or attempts to evade taking responsibility for their actions.
- Insurance Coverage Issues: Difficulties in obtaining proper compensation from insurance companies to cover medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, and other related financial burdens arising from your neck injury.
Types of Neck Injury
Here are some of the most common types of neck injuries:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a common neck injury that is caused by a sudden, forceful back-and-forth movement of the head.
- Herniated disc: A herniated disc is a condition where the soft, jelly-like center of a disc bulges out or ruptures.
- Fracture: A fracture is a break in a bone. Neck fractures can be serious and can lead to permanent disability.
- Spondylolisthesis: Spondylolisthesis is a condition where one of the vertebrae in the spine slips out of place.
- Arthritis: Arthritis can cause pain, stiffness, and inflammation in the joints of the neck.
If you have suffered a neck injury, you should seek medical attention immediately. Your doctor will be able to diagnose your injury and recommend the best course of treatment.
Common Causes of Neck Injuries
Each of the factors below can contribute to various types of neck injuries, ranging from minor discomfort to more severe conditions. It’s important to recognize these causes and take appropriate measures to prevent or address neck injuries. Here are some of the common causes of neck injuries:
- Trauma: High-impact accidents, falls, sports-related injuries, and physical assault can cause sudden and severe neck trauma, leading to a range of injuries like fractures, whiplash, and nerve damage.
- Poor Posture: Maintaining poor posture, especially when sitting or working for extended periods, can strain the muscles and ligaments in the neck, leading to chronic pain and discomfort.
- Repetitive Motion: Engaging in activities that require repetitive neck movements, such as those associated with computer work or gaming, can lead to muscle strain and overuse injuries over time.
- Degenerative Conditions: As you age, the cervical spine’s joints and intervertebral disks can undergo degenerative changes, potentially resulting in conditions like cervical osteoarthritis, herniated discs, and spinal stenosis.
- Medical Conditions: Underlying medical conditions such as arthritis (e.g., rheumatoid arthritis), osteoporosis, and tumors can contribute to neck pain and discomfort due to inflammation, bone loss, or pressure on nerves.
It is crucial to prioritize good ergonomics, maintain a healthy lifestyle, and seek prompt medical attention if you experience persistent or worsening neck pain. Additionally, adopting proper posture, taking breaks during repetitive activities, and engaging in exercises that strengthen neck muscles can help reduce the risk of neck injuries. If you do sustain a neck injury, consult a medical professional for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
WHAT COMPENSATION CAN I RECEIVE FOR NECK INJURIES?
The amount of compensation you can receive for neck injuries will depend on a number of factors, including the severity of your injuries, the extent of your losses, and the circumstances of the accident.
are awarded to compensate you for your pain and suffering. The amount of general damages will vary depending on the severity of your injuries and the impact they have had on your life.
are awarded to compensate you for your financial losses, such as medical expenses, lost earnings, and care costs.
In some cases, you may also be able to claim for loss of amenity, which is compensation for the loss of enjoyment of life that your injuries have caused.
The amount of compensation you can receive will also depend on the type of accident that caused your neck injuries. If your injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence, such as in a car accident, you may be able to claim compensation from the at-fault party’s insurance company.
If your injuries were caused by a medical professional’s negligence, you may be able to claim compensation from the medical professional’s insurance company.
If you are considering making a claim for compensation for neck injuries, it is important to speak to a personal injury lawyer. A lawyer can help you to understand your rights and options and to calculate the amount of compensation you may be entitled to.
Some Types of Compensation For Neck Injuries
Here are some examples of the types of compensation that you may be able to claim for neck injuries:
- Pain and suffering: This is compensation for the physical and emotional pain and suffering that you have experienced as a result of your injuries.
- Medical expenses: This includes the cost of any medical treatment that you have received or will need to receive in the future.
- Lost earnings: This is compensation for the money that you have lost as a result of being unable to work due to your injuries.
- Future lost earnings: This is compensation for the money that you are likely to lose in the future as a result of your injuries.
- Care costs: This is compensation for the cost of care that you have needed or will need in the future, such as the cost of a home care worker or a nursing home.
- Loss of amenity: This is compensation for the loss of enjoyment of life that your injuries have caused.
It is important to note that the amount of compensation that you can receive will vary depending on the specific circumstances of your case. If you have suffered neck injuries, it is important to speak to a personal injury lawyer to discuss your case and to determine the amount of compensation that you may be entitled to.
WHEN SHOULD I FILE A LAWSUIT FOR NECK INJURY?
The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit in California is two years from the date of the accident. This means that you have two years from the date of your neck injury to file a lawsuit against the person or entity responsible for your injuries.
There are a few exceptions to the two-year statute of limitations. For example, if you were a minor at the time of the accident, the statute of limitations does not start until you turn 18 years old.
Some Factors That Could Affect The Timing Of The Lawsuit
- The severity of your injuries: If your injuries are serious, you may need to file a lawsuit sooner rather than later to ensure that you are able to recover compensation for all of your losses.
- The complexity of your case: If your case is complex, it may take longer to gather all of the necessary evidence and to file a lawsuit.
- The availability of witnesses: If there are witnesses to the accident, it is important to contact them as soon as possible so that their memories are fresh.
- The cooperation of the other party: If the other party is cooperative, it may be possible to reach a settlement without filing a lawsuit. However, if the other party is not cooperative, you may need to file a lawsuit to protect your rights.
CALL OUR LOS ANGELES NECK INJURY LAWYER NOW!
In instances where your health and well-being are at stake, consulting a neck injury lawyer ensures you receive the proper legal counsel and representation required to navigate the complex landscape of personal injury claims effectively. Remember, the sooner you engage with a legal professional, the better positioned you are to protect your rights and seek the compensation you rightfully deserve.
At Abogado Maximo, we are a dedicated personal injury law firm in Southern California. With over two decades of experience, we provide legal services in various personal injury cases, from car accidents
to slips and falls, aiming to secure maximum compensation for our clients. For open communication and a personalized approach to your case, reach out to us today for a free consultation.